How to Save a Life: IR and Surgical Management of the Trauma Patient 2022
After this activity, participants will be able to:
- State the appropriate interventional radiology and surgical diagnosis and treatment guidelines for solid organ injuries;
- Identify the unique challenges presented by the management of the trauma patient in the ICU;
- Discuss how the approach to the pediatric trauma patient differs from the approach to the adult trauma patient;
- Identify problems associated with the management of mass casualties;
- Describe the role of nurses and technologists in the life-saving measures provided to the trauma patient;
- Identify the emotional and physical problems afflicting healthcare workers in this field as well as resources available for help.
The agenda is subject to change.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Run of House at $249.00 per night (single/double occupancy)
- Discounted rates are available 3 days pre/post the meeting.
- Rates above do not include taxes of 12.5% (taxes subject to change).
- Reservations received after September 8, 2022 or after the block is full will be confirmed on a space availability basis at the prevailing rate.
Contact Direct Travel via e-mail.
ACCESSIBILITY The University of Chicago is committed to providing equal access appropriate to need and circumstances and complies fully with legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are in need of special accommodation, please contact Direct Travel via email at email@example.com.
The University of Chicago reserves the right to cancel or postpone this conference due to unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely event this activity must be cancelled or postponed, the registration fee will be refunded; however, The University of Chicago is not responsible for any related costs, charges, or expenses to participants, including fees assessed by airline/travel/lodging agencies.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LEADERSHIP TEAM
Professor of Radiology
Director of Interventional Radiology Trauma Services
Professor of Surgery
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Priya Prakash, MD - Course Coordinator
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Rakesh Navuluri, MD - Planning Committee
Associate Professor of Radiology
Director, Interventional Radiology Residency
Director, Interventional Radiology Clinic
As a provider accredited by the ACCME, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine asks everyone in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all financial relationships with any ineligible companies. This includes any entity whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Financial relationships are relevant if a financial relationship, in any amount, exists between the person in control of content and an ineligible company during the past 24 months, and the content of the education is related to the products of an ineligible company with whom the person has a financial relationship. Mechanisms are in place to identify and mitigate any relevant financial relationships prior to the start of the activity.
Additionally, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine requires Authors to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Nurses and other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation. For information on the applicability and acceptance of certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME, please consult your professional licensing board.
EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
|Profession Type||Early Fees||Regular Fees|
After creating an account or logging in, enter the access code to unlock the credit claiming process.
Please Note: The credit claiming process will close three months after the conference end date. Requests to claim credit after three months will be subject to additional fees.