Practical Approach to Patients with Lung Cancer
At the conclusion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Contrast the positive and negative aspects of lung cancer screening in clinical practice;
- Define the use of advanced bronchoscopic techniques, transthoracic needle aspiration, and surgery for diagnosis and molecular testing of lung cancer;
- Outline the positive and negative aspects of needle techniques and mediastinoscopy for lung cancer staging and molecular testing;
- Discuss the role of video-assisted surgery and robotic surgery for diagnosis and curative intent treatment of lung cancer;
- Analyze the evidence supporting conventional and stereotactic ablative radiotherapy for the treatment of lung cancer and oligo-metastatic disease;
- List the immunohistochemistry panels and molecular markers relevant for histologic diagnosis and targeted therapy;
- Identify the benefits and adverse effects of conventional chemotherapy, biologic agents, and immunotherapy drugs for advanced lung cancer;
- Describe novel therapies for inoperable stage IA lung cancer.
- Online: Just click on the button below to make, modify, and cancel your hotel reservations.
- By Phone: Contact the hotel and identify yourself as an attendee for the Lung Cancer Summit for the special discounted rate of $224 (plus tax.)
The University of Chicago reserves the right to cancel or postpone this conference due to unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely event this activity must be cancelled or postponed, the registration fee will be refunded; however, The University of Chicago is not responsible for any related costs, charges, or expenses to participants, including fees assessed by airline/travel/lodging agencies.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Director, Bronchoscopy and Minimally Invasive Diagnostics
Co-Director, Upper Aerodigestive Cancer Risk Clinic
Medical Director, Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Associate Professor of Medicine
As a provider accredited by the ACCME, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine asks everyone who is in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with anycommercial interest. This includes any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. The ACCME defines “relevant financial relationships” as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months, including financial relationships of a spouse or life partner that could create a conflict of interest. Mechanisms are in place to identify and resolve any potential conflict of interest prior to the start of the activity.
Additionally, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine requires authors to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration, at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses and other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation. For information on the applicability and acceptance of Certificates of Participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME, please consult your professional licensing board.
Other Healthcare Professional: $100
Physicians - Enter the code "LUNG100" in the "Discount" box at the time of registration to receive a $100 discount! Register today because this discount expires December 15th!
Residents/Fellows - Please email letters of verification to firstname.lastname@example.org for a special discount code!
To log in, simply click on the "Log In" or "Create an Account" link in the red summary box on your right.
Once logged in, you'll then be navigate back to this page.
ACCESSIBILITY The University of Chicago is committed to providing equal access appropriate to need and circumstances and complies fully with legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are in need of special accommodation, please contact our office at 773-834-3408 or via email at email@example.com.
CANCELLATION POLICY If you cancel your participation in this conference, your registration fee less a $100 administrative fee will be refunded when written notification is received by January 17, 2017. No refunds will be made after January 17, 2017.