“Adolescent Sleep Habits and Cardiovascular Risk”
1. Understand the association between sleep duration and insulin resistance in children as determined by previous epidemiological and objective studies.
2. Review the proposed pathophysiologic links between short sleep duration and insulin resistance.
3. Review the methods and preliminary data of an on-going study which seeks to further determine whether habitual insufficient sleep is associated with adverse insulin and glucose measures in adolescents.
Presented by: Katie O'Sullivan, M.D.
Med/Peds Endocrine Fellow, The University of Chicago
“Analysis of Abdominal vs. Breast Adipose Depots from Human Subjects”
1. Characterize potential differences in insulin sensitivity between abdominal and breast subcutaneous fat depots.
2. Discuss differences in secreted factors from abdominal and breast subcutaneous fat depots.
Presented by: Payal S. Patel, M.D.
Pediatrics Endocrine Fellow, The University of Chicago
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation