Chicago OB/GYN Ultrasound Symposium 2017
Approved by the SDMS for CME credit!
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Outline the bioeffects of ultrasound during pregnancy;
- Describe the rules for distinguishing between benign and malignant masses using ultrasound;
- Compare various aneuploidy screening methods to detect chromosome abnormalities;
- Outline how to apply Doppler assessment of the fetus for the evaluation of Intrauterine growth restriction;
- Discuss indications for fetal cardiac examination to detect heart anomalies;
- Select the best method of imaging obese patients using ultrasound;
- List guidelines to safely use ultrasound on pregnant patients.
The University of Chicago
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
As a provider accredited by the ACCME, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine asks everyone who is in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with anycommercial interest. This includes any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. The ACCME defines “relevant financial relationships” as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months, including financial relationships of a spouse or life partner that could create a conflict of interest. Mechanisms are in place to identify and resolve any potential conflict of interest prior to the start of the activity.
Additionally, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine requires authors to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration, at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For more information, download the course brochure here.