University of Chicago Visiting Professor Series: Left Ventricular Assist Devices
This activity is part of a continuing series sponsored by the University of Chicago designed to improve physicians' clinical practice. This session is meant to provide physicians with current information on left ventricular assist devices and patient care.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of Primary Care Physicians, Cardiologists, and other healthcare professionals in related fields.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify indications for left ventricular assist devices (LVADs) in all patients;
- Cite different perioperative treatments involved in LVAD surgeries;
- Match common complications with their corresponding perioperative treatments;
- Name the different types and models of LVADs;
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the different types and models of LVADs.
|Nitasha Sarswat, MD|
Clinical Associate of Medicine
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.