27th Annual Dorothy J. MacLean Fellows Conference on Clinical Medical Ethics
Each year for the past 27 years, the MacLean Center has hosted a conference that draws speakers who discuss today’s issues in clinical medical ethics. The conference audience usually numbers 250 to 300 and includes more than 100 former faculty and fellows. The conference remembers Dorothy Jean MacLean, who helped create the MacLean Center and was deeply committed to its work. D.J. MacLean believed that education was the best way to improve the world and throughout her life supported many leading educational institutions.
We are delighted to welcome 35 outstanding speakers to this year’s conference.
This conference is designed for physicians, health care professionals, and other members of the community interested in issues related to clinical medical ethics.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify common ethical dilemmas that arise in a variety of patient care settings;
- Resolve ethical dilemmas in a way that promotes better patient experiences and health outcomes;
- Develop a structured ethical approach to addressing issues that arise routinely among patients, families, and healthcare institutions;
- Identify similar challenges faced by healthcare professionals in different areas of medicine and at different institutions.
- 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 14.25 Participation
Mark Siegler, MD
Lindy Bergman Distinguished Service Professor
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses and other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation. For information on the applicability and acceptance of Certificates of Participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME, please consult your professional licensing board.