Advanced Practice Nurse, IBD Nurse, and Physician Assistant IBD Immersion Program
At the conclusion of this educational activity, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology and clinical features of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD);
- Explain the process of the diagnosis, treatment, and management of IBD;
- Cite examples of expert approaches to patient care with regard to the medical and surgical treatment of IBD;
- State how to resolve management concerns for IBD patients, including cancer risk and surveillance, ostomy care, health maintenance, pregnancy, and the psychosocial dimensions of IBD;
- Discuss strategies to improve communication within the IBD team.
Professor of Medicine
Director, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
Co-Director, Advanced IBD Fellowship Program
Joseph B. Kirsner Professor of Medicine
Section Chief, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Co-Director, Digestive Diseases Center
As a provider accredited by the ACCME, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine asks everyone who is in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with anycommercial interest. This includes any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. The ACCME defines “relevant financial relationships” as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months including financial relationships of a spouse or life partner that could create a conflict of interest. Mechanisms are in place to identify and resolve any potential conflict of interest prior to the start of the activity.
Additionally, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine asks Authors to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To register, please follow these easy steps:
- If you are not logged into to your account, you will see "Please login or create an account to take this course" in the red Summary box on your right. If you have an account, click "login." If you don't have an account, click "create an account." Once you have logged in, it will return you to this page.
- Click the red COMPLETE ACTIVITY button in the Summary box.
- You will then be taken to a screen containing your registration confirmation.
For more information, download the flyer and agenda below. If you have any technical difficulties, please email us at email@example.com.
We hope to see you in Las Vegas!