Chicago Breast & World Lymphedema Surgery Symposium
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the most appropriate therapies for breast cancer, breast reconstruction, and lymphedema;
- Identify multidisciplinary strategies for addressing complex patient diagnoses in the areas of lymphedema and breast cancer;
- Recognize optimal patients for pre-pectoral implant reconstruction;
- Select donor sites for autologous tissue reconstruction;
- Determine the expected outcomes of lymphedema treatment using case studies and evidence-based guidelines;
- Relate how to perform various surgical treatments of lymphedema;
- Describe the clinical and physiological impact of autologous breast reconstruction to restore patient's functional mobility and quality of life in terms of physical and occupational therapy;
- Determine opportunities to collaborate in interprofessional teams to enhance the quality of patient care and clinical outcomes in the therapeutic areas of breast cancer, breast reconstruction, and lymphedema;
- Outline common surgical techniques used during breast and lymphedema surgery;
- Recognize current concerns and trends in lymph node transfers for breast cancer patients undergoing active surveillance;
- Analyze the role of radiation and reconstruction in breast cancer care.
*Agenda Subject to Change
JOIN US ONLINE!
ACCESSIBILITY The University of Chicago is committed to providing equal access appropriate to need and circumstances and complies fully with legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are in need of special accommodation, please contact Jacqueline Entzminger via email at email@example.com.
The University of Chicago reserves the right to cancel or postpone this conference due to unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely event this activity must be canceled or postponed, the registration fee will be refunded; however, The University of Chicago is not responsible for any related costs, charges, or expenses to participants, including fees assessed by airline/travel/lodging agencies.
As a provider accredited by the ACCME, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine asks everyone who is in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. This includes any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. The ACCME defines “relevant financial relationships” as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months, including financial relationships of a spouse or life partner that could create a conflict of interest. Mechanisms are in place to identify and resolve any potential conflict of interest prior to the start of the activity.
Additionally, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine requires authors to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration, at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physical Therapist and Occupational Therapist Credit
The University of Chicago Medical Center is a licensed continuing education provider with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation for Physical Therapy, license # 216-000030. All participants will be provided with a certificate of attendance. This course is approved for 22.5 continuing education hours for licensed therapists (PT, PTA, OT, or COTA) in Illinois. The University of Chicago Medical Center has not applied to any other state for therapist CE credit. Participants will need to do this individually through their jurisdiction outside of Illinois.
Other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation. For information on the applicability and acceptance of certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME, please consult your professional licensing board.
VIRTUAL EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
Note: You must attend the live conference to claim continuing education credit. Videos are not available for purchase separately.
JOINING THE SYMPOSIUM
TO RECEIVE THE EARLY BIRD FEE:
Enter the early bird discount code during registration. Early bird expires March 22, 2021!
Early Bird Fee
Early Bird Code
|Other Healthcare Professional||$100||EXPIRED|
|CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cancel your participation in this conference, your registration fee less a 25% administrative fee will be refunded when written notification is received by March 22, 2021. No refunds will be made after March 22, 2021.|
CASE DISCUSSION SUBMISSION
At the end of the course, the credit claiming process will unlock. Return to this page and simply click on "Complete Activity" to proceed.
Please Note: The credit claiming process will close three months after the conference end date. Requests to claim credit after three months will be subject to additional fees.