Chicago Saturday Slide Club - April 2016
Join us at The University of Chicago for our second Saturday session of dynamic learning and interactive microscopy sessions designed for practicing surgical pathologists and senior trainees. A two-year curriculum has been developed to address each subspecialty in anatomic pathology. The focus will be updates on existing entities, descriptions of new diagnoses, and pearls to avoid pitfalls. Through a guided microscopic tour, this second session will address challenges in gynecologic surgical pathology and the diagnostic gems required to overcome them. To make the discussions more meaningful, cases will be posted on our website prior to the session for preview. They will be presented by faculty and discussed with participants in an interactive manner. Participants are encouraged to bring their own challenging cases to share with the group. References will be provided after the event. Post-discussion questions will be administered for an opportunity to earn SAM credit. Continental breakfast, coffee, lunch, and free parking will be provided.
This activity has been designed for physicians and other allied health professionals within the pathology specialty.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Devise a differential diagnosis of challenging surgical pathology cases in gynecologic pathology, including placental pathology;
- Construct appropriate panels of immunohistochemical stains to arrive at the correct diagnoses in surgical pathology cases in gynecologic pathology;
- Describe how to use results from relevant molecular techniques to further refine the diagnoses of surgical pathology cases in gynecologic pathology ;
- List pertinent prognostic and therapeutic information in their reports;
- Classify and grade tumors of the gynecologic tract in order to provide more accurate medical diagnoses;
- Explain how the classification and grading systems of tumors of the gynecologic tract can be incorporated into final reports.
Thomas Krausz, MD
Professor of Pathology
Director, Anatomic Pathology
Aliya N. Husain, MD
Professor of Pathology
Ricardo Lastra, MD
Assistant Professor of Pathology
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This live activity has been approved for Maintenance of Certification for 7 SAM credits by the American Board of Pathology.
Nurses and other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation. For information on the applicability and acceptance of Certificates of Participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME, please consult your professional licensing board.
Registration fee for practicing pathologists is $150 per session, with limited availability to 15 seats at the multiheaded scope. Trainees can register for $30 for seats in an adjacent room with live video and audio feed.
To register or for additional information, please click this button or download the flyer below.