1. Review the guidelines for evaluating the jaundiced baby
2. Be able to describe to your patients how a hepatologist will likely proceed with working up a patient for possible causes of direct/conjugated bilirubin levels as well as the differential diagnosis for a child with elevated direct/conjugated bilirubin levels.
4. Understand the short and long-term outcomes for a patient diagnosed with biliary atresia.
5. Understand a transplant surgeon’s perspective on evaluating an infant or young child for possible liver transplant.
6. Be able to describe the long-term outcomes for children undergoing liver transplant
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation