1. Discuss the most recent update in diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of high blood pressure in children and adolescents.
2. Compare the 2004 and the most recent (2017) guidelines by the AAP and AHA
3. Optimal approach to diagnosing hypertension in children and adolescents.
4. Recommended work up for hypertension in children and adolescents.
5. The optimal goal for systolic and diastolic blood pressure in children and adolescents.
6. Life style change versus antihypertensive agents affect cardiovascular risk, carotid intima-media thickness, flow mediated dilation, and left ventricular hypertrophy, and other markers for ventricular dysfunction.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 Participation