“Gender Dysphoria & Familial Support in Pediatric Patients”
Presented by: Ilayna K. Mehrtens, Ph.D.
1. To discuss assessment and diagnosis of gender dysphoria in pediatric populations.
2. To review the critical role of parental and familial support or rejection on wellbeing among transgender youth.
3. To discuss strategies for promoting parental and familial support among families of transgender youth.
“A 12 Year-old Female with Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic State and New Onset Diabetes”
Presented by: Naiomi Gunaratne-Breaux, M.D.
1. To discuss presentation of hyperosmolar hyperglycemia state.
2. To discuss hyperinsulinemia and consequences on later childhood and adolescence.
3. To review literature on relation of hyperinsulinemia and metabolic syndrome.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation