“Intellectual Disability and Diabetes: Barriers to Effective Care”
Presented by: Anna M. Heilbrun, Ph.D., Psychology Extern
1. Identify the intellectual disability profile and its relation to diabetes care and management.
2. Learn about the role of caregiving in mitigating and exacerbating risk for individuals with comorbid intellectual disability and diabetes.
3. Identify interventions to help treatment adherence and diabetes care for this population.
“A 33 Year-old Male with Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Hypoglycemia”
Presented by: Tara Rajiyah, MD, Med/Peds Endocrine Fellow
1. Review the differential diagnosis and work up of hypoglycemia.
2. Highlight the mechanism of hypoglycemia in hepatocellular carcinoma.
3. Review the diagnosis and characteristics of non-islet cell tumor hypoglycemia.
4. Discuss potential treatment options.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation