“Prenatal Treatment of Thyroid Hormone Cell Transfer Defect to Rescue the Neuropsychomotor Deficit”
Presented by: Samuel Refetoff, M.D.
1. Understand the pathophysiology or thyroid hormone cell transport defect.
2. Learn why late treatment is not effective.
3. Introduction to possibilities of new treatments.
“Deiodinase 1 Defects Presenting with High Serum rT3 Level”
Presented by: Monica Malheiros Franca, Ph.D.
1. Understand role of deiodinase 1 in thyroid hormone metabolism.
2. Learn about the first identification of a genetic defect of deiodinase 1 in humans.
3. Learn about the clinical manifestations and steps required to confirm the defect.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation