Depression and Adherence in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes
Presented by: Amy Heard, M.A.
Pediatric Psychology Extern
1. Discuss the relation between adherence and depression in adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
2. Identify the way that common symptoms of depression impact Type 1 Diabetes.
A 23 Year-old Man with Hyperglycemia
Presented by: Laura Dickens, M.D.
Endocrine Fellow, Department of Medicine
1. Review the prevalence and pathophysiology of steroid-induced diabetes.
2. Discuss indications for testing for latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) in newly diagnosed diabetes, including use of the LADA clinical risk score.
3. Understand the differential diagnosis of hypoglycemia in adults with diabetes, including causes of hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Participation