Marilyn Arosemena, M.D.
“The Sleep-Diabetes Relationship: Sleep Patterns in Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the Young”
1. Review the sleep-diabetes relationship.
2. Discuss Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young (MODY) and its potential role as a group of diabetes caused primarily by metabolic defects without the metabolic insulin-resistance syndrome to better understand the sleep-diabetes relationship.
3. Discuss results from pilot study and preliminary results from age-gender matched sleep patterns and disorders in MODY.
Sandra Naaman, M.D., Ph.D., FACP
“Identical Dietary Challenge Induces Different Metabolic Responses based on Mealtime and Body Mass Index”
1. Review orchestration of glucose metabolism over 24-hour period in various BMI groups.
2. Understand the implications of chrononutrition for weight maintenance and diabetes risk.
Maria Salguero-Bermonth, M.D., M.Sc.
“Advancing Precision Therapeuctics in Monogenic Diabetes”
1. Evaluate Phenotype, Burden of Care and treatment of patients with HNF1B-MODY.
2. Describe the Use of SGLT-2 inhibitors in patients with HNF1B-MODY.
3. Describe the in-utero course, childhood growth trajectory, pubertal timing, insulin sensitivity and appearance of dysglycemia in children with heterozygous mutations in the HNF1A and HNF4A gene.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation