Olha Duchon, M.D.
“Utility of Genetic Testing in Patients with Abnormal Thyroid Tests”
- Discuss TH, TSH resistance phenotypes.
- Clinical relevance of deiodinase 1 gene mutation.
Matthew Ettleson, M.D.
“Treating Hypothyroidism: Do We Need to Do Better?”
- How patient demographics influence treatment of hypothyroidism.
- Understand brain fog from the hypothyroid patient’s perspective.
- Provide an example for the use of large datasets to explore the association between hypothyroidism and hospital outcomes.
Sarah Shaaban, M.D.
“Challenges Associated with SU Treatment in KATP-related Neonatal Diabetes”
- Discuss background literature on challenges with adherence to long-term medications.
- Examine the challenges that contribute to medication non-adherence in patients with KSTP-related monogenic diabetes.
- Review preliminary data about medication taking behaviors in patients with monogenic diabetes who are prescribed SU medication.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation