“Contraception and Preconception Counseling in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes”
1. Review the importance of contraception and preconception counseling in diabetes.
2. Highlight existing, relevant literature.
3. Discuss results and implications of healthcare provider survey.
4. Provide a brief overview of the second part of study protocol and next steps.
Presented by: Tara Rajiyah, M.D.
Pediatric Endocrinology Fellow, The University of Chicago
“Effect of Patiromer on Optimizing Standard of Care in Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) with Heart Failure”
1. Overview of hyperkalemia.
2. Overview of new potassium binders.
3. Discuss the ongoing study to evaluate the effectiveness of Patiromer in allowing us to maintain ACE/ARBs in patients with CKD and at risk for hyperkalemia.
Presented by: El Waleed Mohammed Ali, M.D.
Endocrinology/Hypertension Fellow, The University of Chicago
“Genetic Defects Affecting Thyroid Function”
1. Phenotypes of hormone resistance in hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis.
2. Discuss TSH resistance case; evaluation and workup.
3. Discuss resistance to thyroid hormone case.
4. Review research goals.
Presented by: Olga Duchon, M.D.
Endocrinology Fellow, The University of Chicago
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation