Advanced Cardiac Life Support Simulation Training
At the conclusion of this activity, participatants will be able to:
- Demonstrate high quality CPR automated external defibrillator per AHA Basic Life Support recommendations;
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate CPR intervention;
- Recognize signs of cardiopulmonary arrest quickly in order to begin CPR within 10 seconds;
- Describe techniques to work effectively with other members of the healthcare team during patient cardiac arrest;
- Recognize differences between respiratory distress and failure in order to demonstrate early interventions;
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock;
- Distinguish between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias;
- State how to implement post cardiac arrest management.
Click here to learn more about the University of Chicago Simulation Center!
ACCESSIBILITY The University of Chicago is committed to providing equal access appropriate to need and circumstances and complies fully with legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are in need of special accommodation, please contact our office at 773-834-7929 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Patient Care Manager
University of Chicago Medicine
As a provider accredited by the ACCME, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine asks everyone who is in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. This includes any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. The ACCME defines “relevant financial relationships” as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months, including financial relationships of a spouse or life partner that could create a conflict of interest. Mechanisms are in place to identify and resolve any potential conflict of interest prior to the start of the activity.
Additionally, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine requires authors to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration, at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Nurses and other healthcare professionals will receive a Certificate of Participation. For information on the applicability and acceptance of Certificates of Participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME, please consult your professional licensing board.