“A Young Man with Hypertension, Renal Failure, Hypercalcemia, and No Diagnosis”
Presented by: Matthew Ettleson, M.D.
1. Review diagnosis and evaluation of PTH-independent hypercalcemia.
2. Explain the mechanism of hypercalcemia in sarcoidosis and other granulomatous diseases.
3. Identify basic treatment options for hypercalcemia in sarcoidosis.
“57 Year-old Man Presenting Using U-500 Insulin to the Hospital”
Presented by: Thaer Idrees, M.D.
1. Review U-500 insulin.
2. Review UChicago policy about the use of U-500 in the inpatient setting.
3. Review literature about the use of U-500 in the inpatient setting.
4. Safety and considerations for U-500 insulin use.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation