13 Year-old Female with ALL: A Discussion of Chemotherapy Related Endocrinopathies
Presented by: Marlon Brathwaite, M.D.
Pediatric Endocrine Fellow
1. Discuss the etiology and management of chemotherapy related endocrinopathies specific to our patient.
2. Discuss fertility preservation in female patients with hematologic malignancies.
A 23 Year-old Man with Hyperglycemia
Presented by: Laura Dickens, M.D.
1. Review the prevalence and pathophysiology of steroid-induced diabetes.
2. Discuss indications for testing for latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) in newly diagnosed diabetes, including use of the LADA clinical risk score.
3. Understand the differential diagnosis of hypoglycemia in adults with diabetes, including causes of hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Participation