Naiomi Gunaratne-Breaux, M.D.
“Evaluating for Adrenal Insufficiency in Critically Ill Infants with Previous Low Cortisol Levels”
1. Discuss evaluation of adrenal insufficiency in critically ill infants.
2. Discuss research that has been done, and future projects.
Sarah Shaaban M.D.
“Challenges Associated with Sulfonylurea Treatment in Permanent Neonatal Diabetes”
1. Discuss the pathophysiology of KATP-related neonatal diabetes.
2. Review challenges associated with sulfonylurea treatment.
3. Present research exploring specific burdens encountered by patients with permanent NDM.
Tara Rajiyah, M.D.
“From Contraception and Preconception Counseling to Glycemic Control and Pregnancy Outcomes in Women with Diabetes”
1. Review the importance of providing contraception and preconception counseling to women with diabetes mellitus and highlight what the current literature suggests is being done.
2. Summarize results of the healthcare provider surveys, patient surveys and electronic medical record review.
3. Contextualize findings for everyday practice and future endeavors.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation