Monika Darji, M.D.
“Circadian Function and Cardio-Metabolic Risk in Adrenal Insufficiency: A Case Control Study”
- Discuss misalignment between central and peripheral clocks and the potential adverse effects on metabolism and cardiovascular function.
- Discuss how patients with adrenal insufficiency may be at increased risk for circadian misalignment and cardio-metabolic dysfunction.
- Discuss alterations in the 24 hour profiles of melatonin, cortisol, glucose, and insulin patients with adrenal insufficiency as evidence of potential circadian misalignment.
Marilyn Arosemena, M.D.
“Endocrine Research Seminar: Fellowship Year 1”
- Review completed research projects: publications and posters.
- Discuss data about Thyroid cancer and Graves’ disease: Single center experience and review of clinical outcomes.
- Discuss the protocol about Sleep characteristics and prevalence of sleep apnea in Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young (MODY).
Iliana Doycheva, M.D.
“Screening Patients with Type 2 Diabetes for NAFLD”
- Review prevalence and natural history of NAFLD in T2DM.
- Discuss the economic burden of NAFLD in T2DM and cost-effectiveness of screening.
- Discuss accuracy of NIT for diagnosis of NAFLD.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation