Racial Disparities in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Thyroid Disease: NHANES years 1999 – 2012
Presented by Matthew Ettleson, M.D.
1. Determine changes in prevalence of self-reported thyroid disease in the US population by race
2. Determine changes in used of thyroid medications in the US population by race
3. Determine changes in the presence of abnormal thyroid function and thyroid antibodies in the US population by race
Utilization of Statins during Treatment with Levothyroxine: A Retrospective Drug Utilization Study across Sites
Presented by Thayer Idrees, M.D.
1. Short introduction about Hypothyroid treatment
2. Review thyroid hormone actions on cholesterol metabolism
3. Report the utilization of statin in hypothyroid patients treated with LT4 at the University of Chicago
4. Report the utilization of statin in hypothyroid patients treated with LT4 in Brazil
Growth after Menarche in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Presented by Maria Salguero-Bermonth, M.D.
1. Discuss linear growth after menarche among children and adolescents with IBD
2. Review factors that affect growth after menarche in children and adolescents with IBD
3. Discuss glycemic response to short-term dietary interventions in healthy adults with and without GCK-MODY
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation