“Circadian Function and Cardio-Metabolic Risk in Adrenal Insufficiency: A Case Control Study”
1. Discuss misalignment between central and peripheral clocks and the potential adverse effects on metabolism and cardiovascular function.
2. Discuss how patients with adrenal insufficiency may be at increased risk for circadian misalignment and cardio-metabolic dysfunction.
3. Discuss alterations in the 24 hour profiles of melatonin, cortisol, glucose, and insulin patients with adrenal insufficiency as evidence of potential circadian misalignment.
Presented by: Monika Darji, M.D.
Endocrine Fellow, The University of Chicago
“Beyond the Islet: Diabetes from Infancy to Adolescence”
1. Recognize most common etiologies of monogenic diabetes, including importance of early diagnosis and treatment.
2. Discuss the effect of diabetes on the developing brain.
3. Review QI initiatives aimed at improving depression screening in teens with diabetes and chronic endocrine disorders.
Presented by: Mary McCauley, M.D.
Pediatric Endocrine Fellow, The University of Chicago
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation