Description: The IBD Multidisciplinary Conference is held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. The purpose of this meeting is to provide an ongoing discussion and overview of medical and surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, for the benefit of residents, fellows, faculty and staff. This conference is open to all.
The objectives are as follows:
Objectives for learners:
- Gain familiarity with IBD, particularly with regard to epidemiology and clinical features of IBD.
- Build expertise with IBD treatment with regard to the diagnosis, treatment and management of IBD.
- Cite examples of expert approaches to care with regard to the medical and surgical treatment of IBD.
- Describe and resolve management concerns for IBD patients’ including cancer risk and surveillance, ostomy care, health maintenance, pregnancy, and the psychosocial dimensions of IBD.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation