“Utilizing Motivational Interviewing to Facilitate Adherence Behaviors in Adolescents with Diabetes Mellitus”
Presented by: Elysia Soria, M.A., Doctoral Extern, Health & Wellness Team
1. Discuss barriers to adherence unique to adolescents with diabetes mellitus.
2. Introduce and review Stages of Change Model and Motivational Interviewing framework.
3. Discuss Motivational Interviewing processes, skills, and strategies for physicians to use in patient interactions to help facilitate adherence behaviors.
“A 4 Year-old Male with Altered Mental Status and Hyponatremia”
Presented by: Sarah Shaaban, MD, Pediatric Endocrine Fellow
1. To review the differential diagnosis of hyponatremia in children.
2. To discuss infections associated with hyponatremia and their mechanisms.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation