"White Matter Differences and Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in K-ATP Channel Related Neonatal Diabetes"
1. Understand metabolic effects and neurodevelopment outcomes in patients with KCNJ11 mutations.
2. Discuss use of sulfonylurea treatment in patients with KCNJ11 diabetes.
3. Discuss fMRI and neurodevelopmental assessment of patients with KCNJ11 diabetes versus control subjects and those with autoimmune diabetes.
4. Discuss research findings including neurocognitive assessments, fMRI results, diffusion tensor imaging and brain volumes within this cohort.
Presented by Michelle Lemelman, M.D., Pediatric Endocrinology Fellow
“Effect of Bariatric Surgery on Adipose Tissue Inflammation”
1. Review the role of inflammation on adipose tissue accumulation.
2. Discuss the effect of bariatric surgery on adipose tissue morphology and macrophage infiltration.
Presented by: Isabel Casimiro, M.D., Ph.D.
Endocrine Fellow, The University of Chicago
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation