“Obstructive Sleep Apnea Risk in Obese Adolescents with and without Type 2 Diabetes: A Pilot Study”
1. Identify the frequency of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in adults with obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
2. Understand how interrupted sleep and low oxygen saturation during sleep may influence the risk of insulin resistance.
3. Understand the frequency of OSA in adolescents with obesity and T2DM according to a small, prospective pilot study.
Presented by: Katie O'Sullivan, M.D.
Med/Peds Endocrine Fellow, The University of Chicago
“Chronotype and Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Preadolescents and Adolescents”
1. Define the construct of chronotype.
2. Examine the role of chronotype as a risk factor for glucose dyshomeostatis in preadolescents and adolescents.
Presented by: Magdalena Dumin, M.D.
Pediatric Endocrine Fellow, The University of Chicago
"Advancing Understanding of GCK-MODY in Pregnancy in a Multi-ethnic U.S. Population"
1. Review the diagnosis and clinical characteristics of GCK-MODY, including management of hyperglycemia during pregnancy.
2. Understand the strategies for identifying women with GCK-MODY during pregnancy in a multi-ethnic U.S. population.
Presented by: Laura Dickens, M.D.
Endocrine Fellow, The University of Chicago
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Participation