“16 Year-old Girl with Severe DKA”
Presented by: Harini Kolluri, M.D.
1. Discuss AKI in children with DKA.
2. Discuss microvascular complications of DM in children.
“64 Year-old Man with Abnormal Thyroid Function Testing”
Presented by: Laura Dickens, M.D.
1. Review the spectrum of amiodarone-induced thyroid dysfunction including type 1 and 2 amiodarone-induced thyrotoxicosis (AIT).
2. Evaluate the evidence for using Sestamibi to differentiate type 1 and type 2 AIT.
3. Understand the role of adjunctive therapies for refractory AIT.
“Evaluation of Hyperactive Pituitary on PET Scan”
Presented by: Thaer Idrees, M.D.
2nd Year Internal Medicine Resident at Saint Joseph Hospital
1. The evaluation and the differential diagnosis of the pituitary uptake increase on PET/CT imaging.
2. Understand the possible relation between SUV and the most likely etiology of the pituitary PET scan incidentelomas.
3. Review pituitary adenoma evaluation (history, physical, hormones).
4. Review the presentation and the incidence of metastasis to the pituitary.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Participation